Canon Printer Setup Wifi– Canon printers can be connected to a wireless connection by using a smart device to send router information to the printer, connecting the printer to a router using the Canon Print Inkjet app, pressing the WPS button, or entering the WPS pin code.
Printing wirelessly is very convenient. Here are 3 simple step-by-step methods to connect a Canon printer to WiFi, so you’re sure to find one that’s easy for you!
Of course, the printer must be plugged in and turned on in order to successfully connect to the wireless network.
Connecting a wireless printer may seem confusing if you’ve never done it before, but the guide below will help teach you how to set it up. Read on to learn more about connecting your Canon printer to your WiFi to print your photos.
Method to Connect Canon Printer to Wireless Network
There are several different methods you can use to connect your Canon printer to a wireless network.
- Use a smart device to send router information for your wireless network to your printer, either by using the network capabilities on your smartphone or by using the Canon Print Inkjet app on an iOS or Android device.
- Press the WPS button to synchronize the nearest wireless network with your wireless printer.
- Enter the WPS pin code. Source: Canon Support
- The method you end up using may depend on the model of the Canon printer you have.
When the wireless printer was new, a CD was sometimes required to install the connecting software for use with the wireless connection. Nowadays, it’s usually fairly easy to connect a wireless printer using a smart device or the controls on the printer itself.
Here is a step-by-step guide of various methods to connect to your WiFi network:
1. Smart Device Connecting Method
To establish a wireless connection between a Canon printer and your wireless network, you must use a wireless device. If a computer is used, you will need to download a software installer to send wireless network information to the printer without a direct cable connection.
If a smart device such as a smartphone is used to connect the printer to a wireless network, users can download a free app to connect a Canon printer wirelessly via an iOS or Android device:
- For iOS devices, the SELPHY app is used.
- For Android devices, the Canon Print Inkjet application is used.
2. WPS Push Button Method
Some wireless routers will have a WPS Push Button, which is basically wireless printer sync. While not all wireless routers have this technical feature, routers that do have it much easier to connect to a wireless printer. Source: Canon
To connect a wireless printer to a wireless network using the WPS Push Button, perform the following operations:
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button on the router until it flashes.
- Press the Start Button and then the Wi-Fi button again.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi router to start flashing. Once the Wi-Fi router is flashing, and the ON button is on, press the WPS button.
- The wireless router will show synchronization with the wireless printer by turning on the ON button and the Wi-Fi indicator simultaneously.
If the wireless sync fails, press the STOP button, and try the sync again.
This isn’t an option available for all wireless routers, but it’s a good idea to take a look at your router to see if it’s available as you prepare to set up your wireless printer. This can save you a lot of hassle in the long run.
3. WPS Pin Code Method
Using a WPS pin code to sync your wireless printer and your wireless network can be one of the more complicated ways to get it off, but it can get the job done when other methods have failed.
Here’s how you can establish a connection using WPS pin code
- Load two sheets of standard (letter size) paper.
- Make sure the printer is on, then hold down the Wi-Fi button until the ON light flashes on the printer.
- Press the Wi-Fi button again. This will cause the printer to print the required wireless setup information for the printer, including the WPS pin code.
- Hold down the STOP button on the printer until the Alarm light flashes sixteen times. After the sixteenth flash, release the STOP button. At this point, the wireless printer should be ready to establish a connection.
- Access your router’s internal settings using your wireless smart device or computer with wireless capabilities. Once you have access to the router’s internal settings, enter the WPS pin code to initiate synchronization between the network and the printer.
Does it work? Check if the Wi-Fi light on the wireless printer is on. This is an indication that the wireless connection has been successfully established.
It’s easy for people to get confused when trying to set up a wireless printer for the first time, especially since there are different synchronization methods. But if you follow the steps given above, you will get a good connection for your wireless printer.