Canon Printer Driver is a software or program that works on a computer, laptop, or notebook that functions to be able to recognize and communicate with Canon printers that we have. When a canon printer gives a command to print from a computer sent to the printer, the “canon Printer Driver” acts like an intermediary and converts the information from this program into a machine language format that the canon printer can understand. Canon Printer Driver itself supports several operating systems used on computers, for example, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Macintosh, and Linux, both 32bit and 64bit. It is quite important to use a canon printer driver that is compatible with the computer os we are using to avoid printing problems.
Having and knowing the definition of a printer driver is of course an obligation for a canon printer owner to be able to fully access and run a canon printer device both in its main use as a printing tool and other facilities such as scanning, copying, and faxing that may be owned on the printer unit. the canon you are using.
In addition to converting data into a form that can be used by the printer, the printer driver also has a printer control function. Such as setting page margins, controlling page prints, and performing other tasks that ensure that print jobs run perfectly as expected. In addition, the printer driver can also send signals from the printer to the computer, such as ink level warnings, error messages, paper jams, and other things.
Some newer operating systems come with a printer driver by default. When we plug the USB cable into the printer, the computer will try to recognize it and if it has a suitable driver, it can perform an automatic installation and print. If the computer does not recognize the canon printer that you have, then the main step we need to do is to install the Canon printer driver that we are using. New printers come with CDs containing Printer drivers for different operating systems, which allows us to install them manually. In addition, we can also download to the website of the printer.
There are several ways that can be followed to install a printer on a laptop, choose the easiest way, which is as follows.
1. Installing the Canon Printer Using a USB Cable
You could say this method is the most commonly used by many people. Moreover, the USB cable has indeed become an object that is easy to find. Basically, the Windows OS will detect automatically when new hardware is connected.
After that, the installation will start immediately once the USB cable is plugged into the appropriate port. For more details, see how to install a printer with a USB cable below.
- Connect the printer to your PC/laptop using a USB cable.
- Click the Start menu then Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound then Printers, to add a new printer click Add a printer.
- Click Use an existing port on the Choose a printer port page.
- After that, select the appropriate printer port that is connected to the computer.
- Click Select the printer model used on the Install the printer driver page.
- Click Follow the instructions that follow then click
Then, what if the printer is equipped with wireless or WiFi technology, how to install it on a laptop is no less easy. Just click Start then Control Panel. After that, select Hardware and Sound then Add a device.
In this step, make sure the printer and WiFi are on properly. Later the printer you want to use will appear automatically. Users just need to follow the instructions and it’s not much different from the steps above.
Printers that already support wireless technology or Wifi can be used simultaneously or commonly called printer sharing.
2. Installing the Canon Printer Using the CD Drive
One method that is easy to do is to place the printer first near the laptop. Use a compatible USB cable to make sure it’s close enough to the device you’re using.
In addition, don’t forget to install the CD Drive which can be found on the control panel menu in the printer box section. Make sure you already have the Driver CD that matches the brand of the printer you are using.
If it feels right, please insert it into the ROM Driver if available. If you don’t have it, please install an external ROM Driver which is quite easy to use. If the Driver CD has been entered, then just follow the instructions in it.
For more details, the following will be an example of how to install a Canon printer with the Driver CD.
- Insert the Driver CD in the computer/laptop Driver ROM.
- Usually, Windows will immediately detect the Autorun file on the inserted CD, then click file_exe.
- If the file does not appear, please enter the master installer file, then click the setup.exe file twice.
- The printer driver installer program will appear, at this stage, the user is asked to choose a place to live.
- Choose the installation method as needed, for example, Easy
- Installation or you can also choose Custom if you want to select a program.
- Continue by clicking
- A new window will appear in the form of a License Agreement from the printer product that you want to install. Continue by clicking
- The installation process will start immediately, wait for it to complete 100%.
- After that, you can connect the printer to the laptop using a USB cable.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the button
- Next, follow the rest of the instructions which are usually in the form of an agreement to get information regarding the printer product used.
- Please just press Next.
This method can be done if the printer product purchased provides the appropriate driver CD. No need to worry, almost all printer products provide these components. Given its important enough function to install a printer on a laptop.
When we try to download a printer driver, there are several things that must be considered. Make sure we visit the official website of the canon printer manufacturer, namely Canon Software & Support or the trusted Cannon IJ site, because we may download software that contains viruses or other malware that are harmful to our computers.