How to install Canon Printer to Laptop– If you do not have the Software CD or it is damaged, you can download the drivers whenever you need by visiting Canon’s Authorized or support webpages. You can contact ij.start.cannon or usa.canon.com to get the printer software on your system without any problems.
You need to be running a secure web browser that supports your Operating System to access the Canon Official website. Now, type the URL usa.canon.com in the address field correctly.
Here, you will see the “Browse by Product Type” section where you will find all the products offered by Canon such as Printers, Scanners, Projectors, etc. To download the Canon printer driver, place your cursor on the Printer icon and click on it.
The Select Your Device window will appear on your computer screen. Make a choice between Maxify, Selphy, imageClass, Pixma, etc, and click on the device of your choice.
Now all the Printer Type models you selected will be displayed on your screen. After verifying your printer model, select from the currently available options.
In the next window, click on the Product Information tab given next to your printed image. By clicking on this tab, you will explore several options namely Specifications, Drivers & Downloads, Manual options.
Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab. To download compatible drivers, select your favorite OS version and language. If you want to download the full driver & software package, click on the Select tab given under the Recommended Drivers section. Or, if you just want to download MP Drivers and XPS Drivers, click on the Select tab given under the Optional Drivers section.
After making the appropriate selections, tap Download. Canon printer driver download process with average remaining time will be shown to you. Wait for the required time and make sure that your system will not be disconnected with Wifi during software download.
When the Canon printer driver download process is completely finished, you will get several options on your screen, namely save, save as, and Run. If you click Save, the file will immediately be saved in the default Downloads folder. But by clicking the “Save As” option, you can save the file in any of the folders based on your preferences.
Installing Printer Driver Setup via CD
Therefore, if you have a CD, you no longer need to visit Canon’s website for driver settings.
- The first step is to disassemble the CD that came with your printer. Now insert it into the CD Drive. Make sure the CD is inserted properly otherwise your computer will fail to recognize it.
- The Software CD dialog box will automatically appear on your screen. If not, you will have to search for the CD manually. For that, double click on the “My Computer” icon and there you will find the CD-ROM icon. Click on it.
- In the pop-up box, place your cursor over the Setup tab and click for Canon Printer Drivers. Doing so will open the initial software window on your screen.
- You have the right to select the Easy Install tab to install the recommended software and Manual. But you are free to choose the Custom Install option if you only want to install certain software like XPS Drivers.
- A new window with all Driver installation details will appear on your screen. Review the information for the software you are about to set up and click the Install button.
Printer Connection will be available on your screen. If the printer is connected wirelessly to the same SSID as your computer, your printer will be automatically detected by the system. In other cases, connect the USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- Select your printer and you may see a User Registration window. To register your printer, it is mandatory to provide a serial number that can be easily found inside the printer.
- The printer driver installation will begin. When finished, click Exit and eject the software CD from the CD-ROM drive.
How to install Canon Printer to Laptop Without CD
While doing the Canon Printer Driver download process, you may face some problems, for example, Internet Connection problem, browser-specific error, or CD failure. Issues like this create obstacles or obstacles in the preparation of the program, then through the suggestions given.
- Check properly all cables attached to your router. If you are using any modem to increase network speed, check to see if the ethernet cable is properly connected to the router. Also for Canon Printer Driver download, your system should not be placed outside your Wifi range. If your device fails to connect with Wifi, make sure you enter the correct Wifi password. Next, to receive a better Wifi signal, disconnect and reconnect with Wifi on your system.
- If the speed of the Wifi network you are using is fast enough, but you can’t even access the Canon website usa.canon.com, there must be a browser problem. If your browser is an outdated version, it will not respond and will not launch the web page of your choice. Therefore, update the internet browser and then attempt to access the website. Also, it is recommended not to store unusable, irrelevant or cached files or caches in your browser as they may slow down browser performance and hinder smooth work.
- If Canon printer driver download starts but does not finish after several tries even with a good internet connection, check the selected OS version. Windows or Mac version should be repaired according to your system. So change immediately.
- When using the CD, sometimes you can’t install the driver due to some problems. Maybe the CD is damaged, or not inserted properly. In this case, check the CD-ROM drive, clean it, and reinsert the CD. If it is still not detected by the computer, contact your service provider to replace the CD.
If you have downloaded the full printer driver & software package, the scanner software i.e. IJ Scan Utility will also be downloaded. You can access this software whenever you need to scan any document. So, this process will help you to scan by using a printer.
- Place the document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer with your computer or laptop and start clicking on IJ Scan Utility Software.
- Click on the Scan tab.
- It will ask you to set Scan resolution, After setting it, click OK.
- When the document is scanned, save it in the folder you want.